Standardbred Breeders Association of Pennsylvania (SBAP) can provide a strong and effective voice for Pennsylvania Standardbred breeders in all aspects of the business through:
- Representation of Standardbred breeders in legislative matters.
- Providing a forum for the needs and interests of the small breeders, with the support of the larger breeders in the state.
- Developing an effective program for enhancement of horse breeding through the support from slots revenues.
- Promotion of Pennsylvania-bred horses within the larger market of harness racing, possibly resulting in specialized Pennsylvania-bred sales.
- Presenting a strong and united organization to represent the interests of breeders in cooperation with the Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission, Pennsylvania Equine Coalition, racetrack-based horsemen’s groups, and racetrack operators.